No matter how difficult the trail terrain, Magura's 4-piston technology and novel new ergonomics in the brake lever give you a performance package which will fill you with confidence. The MT5 is also perfect for S-Pedelecs. The aluminium, two-finger brake levers are ergonomically perfect for your hands, allowing you to easily and accurately apply the braking power you need, even during long braking actions. Their use of Carbotecture technology in the brake handle housing keeps the MT5's weight down to a minimum and provides optimal braking performance.
- An evolution of the MT line, the MT NEXT lineage of brakes is the next generation of braking performance
- Carbotecture Body which is a proprietary carbon weave that is nearly twice as strong as carbon laminates, aluminum or magnesium
- Carbotecture radial design master-cylinder/lever with 2-finger alloy lever blade and clamp with adjustable reach, flip/flop design, and EBT or Easy Bleed Technology port on reservoir
- Double Arch forged 4 piston monoblock caliper design that features anti-heat, anti-drag and anti-squeal and magnetiX brake pad system for easy pad replacement
- Full-hydraulic Magura Royal Blood mineral oil system with a 5-year leakproof warranty
- Includes flip/flop front or rear lever, 2000mm pre-bled tubing kit, 74mm post-mount caliper, MC/lever, alloy hardware, tubing shortening bits, and manual
Light and smooth, Avid's FR-5 Brake Levers deliver excellent speed control and a great feel. They're compatible with linear-pull and mechanical-disc brakes. And, they also feature adjustable reach and are made to bend not break in the event of a crash. This ambidextrous lever can be used as a front or rear, too.
Pro Semi-Metallic pads feature a lightweight aluminum backing plate attached to the same quiet and high-performance compound found on Jagwire's Sport Semi-Metallic series disc pads. Weight is reduced by nearly 50%. These pads are perfect for cross-country applications.
- Compatible with drop bar levers and short pull mountain bike levers
- Modeled after the popular Mafac Tandem cantilever
- Sealed pivot system with adjustable spring tension and Kool Stop pads
- Recommended for standard pull (not linear pull) brake levers
- Made in USA
- Reversible 6061 aluminum arms for left or right cable routing
- Quick-release noodle is lined with Teflon for smooth action
- High tension square wire springs
- Thinline threaded pads with easy-to-adjust arm hardware
- Made in USA
Avid takes entry level to a whole new level with the BB5s, which feature ball bearings (where the BB comes from in the name), a melt-forged body and a CleanSweep rotor for excellent stopping power and awesome durability. Plus, an inboard pad adjustment knob lets you dial in the perfect distance between the rotor and the pads, while Avid's ingenious Tri-Align caliper-positioning system perfectly aligns the pads parallel to the rotor in seconds. And, the tool-free pad replacement and adjustment makes quick work out of accommodating for pad wear, so you always have positive, powerful braking.
The Bontrager Carbon Stop Cork pad was engineered by Keith Bontrager specifically to work with carbon rims.
Designed to dissipate heat on long descents and decrease rim wear, they will keep you coolly in control on even the most challenging mountain stages.
- Engineered especially for use with carbon rims
- Designed by Keith Bontrager for professional cyclists
- Unique cork compound reduces braking heat and wear on rim
Avid's BB7 is the mechanical-disc brake that raises the bar. It boasts dual pad-adjustment knobs and Avid's ingenious Tri-Align caliper-positioning system so you can dial in perfect braking in seconds. The BB7 also utilizes precision actuation and variable spring tension to give you serious stopping power and out-of-this-world modulation. And, this setup comes with Avid's CleanSweep rotor for consistent, powerful braking and tool-free pad replacement for easy maintenance.
Stiff, light and beautiful, Avid's Speed Dial 7 Brake Levers deliver excellent speed control and a great feel for your linear-pull or mechanical-disc brakes. And, they also feature adjustable reach for maximum hand comfort and are made to bend, not break, in the event of a crash. Plus, by turning Avid's Speed Dial knob, you can precisely tune the feel of your brakes any time without tools. This ambidextrous lever can be used as a front or rear lever, too.
One of the key elements of riding performance is control. The more you have, the more confident you’ll feel and the more you’ll enjoy the ride. Powerful, consistent braking performance gives you more control and elevates your riding performance. The innovative new Conduct hydraulic brake system introduces Absolute Braking Stability to deliver a new level of smooth, consistent braking power in both dry and wet conditions. Here are the three performance benefits you’ll experience when you ride Conduct hydraulic brakes.
- The Giant Conduct Brake System allows you to convert your mechanical disc brake setup to a semi-hydraulic system
- Cable-actuated master cylinder is fully integrated into the stem faceplate creating a clean, aero-looking design
- Simply shorten the current cable housing and cables on the bike to mount and setup the new master cylinder on your current Giant Contact or Contact SL stem
- No need to replace the brake lever/shifter or bar tape
- Tests show significantly improved braking in both dry and wet conditions
- Compared to a Shimano 105 full-hydraulic system resulted in a 21% improvement in dry conditions and 36% in wet conditions
- Available in both Post Mount (160mm) and Flat Mount (140mm) configurations
- Conduct master cylinder
- Front and rear calipers with pads
- Front and rear brake hose
- Lever to master cylinder cable housing
Conduct brake system will work only in combination with Giant Contact SL, Contact and Connect series stems. (Note: It does not fit with Contact SLR stems.)
For use with 2000+ Hayes 74mm eye-to-eye calipers (adapters/calipers for 22mm mounts are no longer available)
- (IS) International Standard 51mm tabs; (QR) Quick Release; (TA) thru-axle
- Note: Fox-36/40 (thru-axle), Rock Shox Pike (Maxle), and Psylo (Tullio) axle forks use IS-QR adapters
Are you running linear-pull brakes on a bike with drop bars? You need Cane Creek's Drop V Brake Levers. They have the correct cable pull to properly activate linear-pull brakes. There's also a brake release button on the aluminum lever which facilitates easier wheel changes.
SRAM's Pad Inserts are the perfect upgrade for your brakes to deliver excellent stopping power and speed modulation. The secret is SwissStop's proprietary compound that resists heat buildup for a consistent grip without being "grabby." They have deep grooves to whisk away water so they're perfect for road and cyclocross alike.
Need a replacement line for your Avid hydraulic disc brakes? You're covered with Avid's Hydraulic Line Kit. It's got 2000mm of hose for front or rear application, and all the fittings to work with your brakes.
Electra's beautiful aluminum Ticino Cyclo-Tourist Bar End Brake Lever Set feature a throw-back style that will complement your vintage ride perfectly. They are specifically designed to work with Electra's Ticino Cyclo-Tourist handlebar (sold separately).
Shimano's disc rotors provide a sturdy and reliable braking surface to slow you down. The design is optimized to clear mud and dirt from the system for all-conditions braking. Continuously cooling itself, this rotor helps keep brake power consistent and improves pad life.
Jagwire Sport Semi-Metallic disc brake pads are a great improvement from OEM. They feature a high-performance semi-metallic compound that blends the low-noise of a resin pad with the durability of a metallic pad. Mounted to a steel backing plate, these are a great all-purpose pad.
Keep your disc brakes working great with Jagwire's Mountain Pro Disc Brake Pads. They have a high-performance semi-metallic compound and lightweight aluminum backing plates to keep the weight low, making them perfect for cross-country riding. These are the correct replacement pads for most Formula disc brakes.
Jagwire's Road Pro Inserts (Campagnolo) are a nice upgrade for Campagnolo sidepull brakes. They're made of Jagwire's Pro Series compound in three versions for excellent stopping power in all conditions and with aluminum and carbon rims. Choose from Friction Fit and Click Fit for Campagnolo regular and Skeleton brakes respectively.
• Rigid CNC'd one piece caliper
• Increased piston diameter
• Tech 3 lever offers 5% more power compared to our previous lever
• Ergonomic design to fit around other handle bar items
• The Tech 3 lever is directly compatible with Shimano I-Spec shifters
SRAM's Force CX1 ErgoDynamic levers are descended from the top-end RED, representing SRAM's attempt at perfecting the interface between cyclocross rider and bike. Designed for a 1 x 11 setup, this left-side, brake-only carbon lever is simple and effective. The ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control and a better transition to the bar. For optimal feel, you can also set your lever reach to fit your hands thanks to Reach Adjust.
SRAM's Force CX1 Hydraulic Brake and Brake Lever is descended from their top-end RED road group, representing SRAM's attempt at perfecting the interface between cyclocross rider and bike, and maximizing braking performance. Designed for a 1 x 11-speed setup, this left-side, hydraulic-brake-only carbon lever is simple and effective. The ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control and a better transition to the bar. For optimal feel, you can also set your lever reach to fit your hands thanks to Reach Adjust.
SRAM's Force 22 Hydraulic Disc Brake and Brake Lever is descended from their top-end RED road group and offer precision braking and shifting performance. A carbon brake lever with an aluminum shift lever delivers precise modulation and shifts while keeping the weight impressively low. The ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control and a better transition to the bar. For optimal feel, you can also set your lever reach to fit your hands thanks to Reach Adjust. SRAM Force 22 is designed to work with 11-speed cassettes.
The forged aluminum disc caliper itself is optimized to give you the stopping power and modulation you need for road and cyclocross riding. A fully-sealed hydraulic system prevents contamination during muddy cross races or epic dirt-road slugfests. Once you experience the incredible ability of SRAM's Force 22 Hydraulics, you'll never go back to rim brakes again!
SRAM's Centerline Rotor delivers consistent, quiet and powerful braking. The rotor has a consistent center of friction throughout rotation to minimize vibration, so the only thing you'll notice about your brakes is how well they perform.
SRAM's right-side Rival 22 Hydraulic Disc Brake and Brake Lever is descended from their top-end RED road group offer precise braking performance. The aluminum brake lever and shift paddle deliver smooth modulation and deft shifts while keeping the weight impressively low. The ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control and a better transition to the bar. For optimal feel, you can also set your lever reach to fit your hands thanks to Reach Adjust. SRAM's Rival 22 right shifter is designed to work with a SRAM 11-speed cassette.
The forged aluminum disc caliper is optimized to give you the stopping power and modulation you need for road and cyclocross riding. A fully-sealed hydraulic system prevents contamination during muddy cross races and epic dirt-road slugfests. Once you experience the incredible ability of SRAM's Rival 22 Hydraulics, you'll never go back to rim brakes again!
The Eagle 2 is a revolutionary pad that first utilized the hardened reinforced steel internal backbone. This larger pad has been used in all areas of cycling and is a good choice when frame, wheel and fork design allow.
- Hardened and Plated reinforced steel backbone
- Patented Angled tip plow
- Water grooves
- Pad-Lock washer system
- Available in Threaded and 2024 Aluminum Smooth Post
Black: standard compound designed for dry condition riding
Red: semi-aggressive compound for good performance
Salmon: aggressive compound for extreme weather conditions
Dual: combination of Salmon and Black compounds for more controlled, smoother stopping
Replacement inserts for Shimano cartridge v-brake pads
- Black: standard compound designed for dry condition riding
- Red: semi-aggressive compound for good performance
- Salmon: aggressive compound for extreme weather conditions
- Green: designed for ceramic coated rims
- Dual: combination of Salmon and Black compounds for more controlled, smoother stopping