No matter how difficult the trail terrain, Magura's 4-piston technology and novel new ergonomics in the brake lever give you a performance package which will fill you with confidence. The MT5 is also perfect for S-Pedelecs. The aluminium, two-finger brake levers are ergonomically perfect for your hands, allowing you to easily and accurately apply the braking power you need, even during long braking actions. Their use of Carbotecture technology in the brake handle housing keeps the MT5's weight down to a minimum and provides optimal braking performance.
- An evolution of the MT line, the MT NEXT lineage of brakes is the next generation of braking performance
- Carbotecture Body which is a proprietary carbon weave that is nearly twice as strong as carbon laminates, aluminum or magnesium
- Carbotecture radial design master-cylinder/lever with 2-finger alloy lever blade and clamp with adjustable reach, flip/flop design, and EBT or Easy Bleed Technology port on reservoir
- Double Arch forged 4 piston monoblock caliper design that features anti-heat, anti-drag and anti-squeal and magnetiX brake pad system for easy pad replacement
- Full-hydraulic Magura Royal Blood mineral oil system with a 5-year leakproof warranty
- Includes flip/flop front or rear lever, 2000mm pre-bled tubing kit, 74mm post-mount caliper, MC/lever, alloy hardware, tubing shortening bits, and manual
Light and smooth, Avid's FR-5 Brake Levers deliver excellent speed control and a great feel. They're compatible with linear-pull and mechanical-disc brakes. And, they also feature adjustable reach and are made to bend not break in the event of a crash. This ambidextrous lever can be used as a front or rear, too.
Pro Semi-Metallic pads feature a lightweight aluminum backing plate attached to the same quiet and high-performance compound found on Jagwire's Sport Semi-Metallic series disc pads. Weight is reduced by nearly 50%. These pads are perfect for cross-country applications.
- Compatible with drop bar levers and short pull mountain bike levers
- Modeled after the popular Mafac Tandem cantilever
- Sealed pivot system with adjustable spring tension and Kool Stop pads
- Recommended for standard pull (not linear pull) brake levers
- Made in USA
- Reversible 6061 aluminum arms for left or right cable routing
- Quick-release noodle is lined with Teflon for smooth action
- High tension square wire springs
- Thinline threaded pads with easy-to-adjust arm hardware
- Made in USA
Avid takes entry level to a whole new level with the BB5s, which feature ball bearings (where the BB comes from in the name), a melt-forged body and a CleanSweep rotor for excellent stopping power and awesome durability. Plus, an inboard pad adjustment knob lets you dial in the perfect distance between the rotor and the pads, while Avid's ingenious Tri-Align caliper-positioning system perfectly aligns the pads parallel to the rotor in seconds. And, the tool-free pad replacement and adjustment makes quick work out of accommodating for pad wear, so you always have positive, powerful braking.
Avid's BB7 is the mechanical-disc brake that raises the bar. It boasts dual pad-adjustment knobs and Avid's ingenious Tri-Align caliper-positioning system so you can dial in perfect braking in seconds. The BB7 also utilizes precision actuation and variable spring tension to give you serious stopping power and out-of-this-world modulation. And, this setup comes with Avid's CleanSweep rotor for consistent, powerful braking and tool-free pad replacement for easy maintenance.
Stiff, light and beautiful, Avid's Speed Dial 7 Brake Levers deliver excellent speed control and a great feel for your linear-pull or mechanical-disc brakes. And, they also feature adjustable reach for maximum hand comfort and are made to bend, not break, in the event of a crash. Plus, by turning Avid's Speed Dial knob, you can precisely tune the feel of your brakes any time without tools. This ambidextrous lever can be used as a front or rear lever, too.
One of the key elements of riding performance is control. The more you have, the more confident you’ll feel and the more you’ll enjoy the ride. Powerful, consistent braking performance gives you more control and elevates your riding performance. The innovative new Conduct hydraulic brake system introduces Absolute Braking Stability to deliver a new level of smooth, consistent braking power in both dry and wet conditions. Here are the three performance benefits you’ll experience when you ride Conduct hydraulic brakes.
- The Giant Conduct Brake System allows you to convert your mechanical disc brake setup to a semi-hydraulic system
- Cable-actuated master cylinder is fully integrated into the stem faceplate creating a clean, aero-looking design
- Simply shorten the current cable housing and cables on the bike to mount and setup the new master cylinder on your current Giant Contact or Contact SL stem
- No need to replace the brake lever/shifter or bar tape
- Tests show significantly improved braking in both dry and wet conditions
- Compared to a Shimano 105 full-hydraulic system resulted in a 21% improvement in dry conditions and 36% in wet conditions
- Available in both Post Mount (160mm) and Flat Mount (140mm) configurations
- Conduct master cylinder
- Front and rear calipers with pads
- Front and rear brake hose
- Lever to master cylinder cable housing
Conduct brake system will work only in combination with Giant Contact SL, Contact and Connect series stems. (Note: It does not fit with Contact SLR stems.)
Jagwire's Road Sport Brake Pads feature their tried-and-true Pro Series compound for excellent braking and durability. The pads are cartridge-style for easy replacement without losing your brake shoe position and there are wheels guides on the shoes to help when you're putting a wheel back on.
Elite CR1 vented rotors provide a wealth of heat management features for consistent braking performance at every speed.
- Aluminum cooling fins draw air past braking surface for better heat management and improved braking performance
- Stainless steel braking surface
- 6-bolt alloy spider
- Pad Compatibility: all pad compounds
- Rotor Type: two piece
The Eagle 2 is a revolutionary pad that first utilized the hardened reinforced steel internal backbone. This larger pad has been used in all areas of cycling and is a good choice when frame, wheel and fork design allow.
- Hardened and Plated reinforced steel backbone
- Patented Angled tip plow
- Water grooves
- Pad-Lock washer system
- Available in Threaded and 2024 Aluminum Smooth Post
Black: standard compound designed for dry condition riding
Red: semi-aggressive compound for good performance
Salmon: aggressive compound for extreme weather conditions
Dual: combination of Salmon and Black compounds for more controlled, smoother stopping
Replacement inserts for Shimano cartridge v-brake pads
- Black: standard compound designed for dry condition riding
- Red: semi-aggressive compound for good performance
- Salmon: aggressive compound for extreme weather conditions
- Green: designed for ceramic coated rims
- Dual: combination of Salmon and Black compounds for more controlled, smoother stopping
Skip the diet and dig into XX brakes instead. Reengineered to wring out as many grams as possible with aluminum lever body and calipers, and updated internals. These aren’t just light. They’re shockingly light. Because nothing tastes as good as winning feels.
Shimano's disc rotors provide a sturdy and reliable braking surface to slow you down. The design is optimized to clear mud and dirt from the system for all-conditions braking. Continuously cooling itself, this rotor helps keep brake power consistent and improves pad life.
Shimano Ultegra RT800 centerlock disc rotors.
- Aluminum spider
- Includes standard type rotor lockring
- Freeza technology, 3-layer structure with aluminum core and stainless steel outer layers and additional aluminum cooling fins reduces rotor surface temperature approximately 150 degrees Celsius compared to all-steel rotors
- Requires external-type rotor lockring when installing onto 15/20mm axle hub
- Hub/Disc Compatibility: Center-Lock Disc
- Pad Compatibility: All Pad Compounds
- Rotor Type: Two Piece
Fit for modern times. The updated SRAM Force brakeset pairs mechanical rim braking with our wireless Force eTap AXS group. The dual pivot design also accounts for wider road tires without compromising braking power.
- Dual pivot design increases braking power and enhances progressive feel
- Wider clearance for modern tires and wheelsets (up to 28c)
- Updated finish to match SRAM Force eTap AXS
- Includes SwissStop pads: Platinum Flash Pro pad (carbon rims) or BHP pad (aluminum rims)
- Pad type: Cartridge
- Reach: Standard
For aero disciplines, hydraulic disc brakes can reveal a whole new world of speed savings. Less time slowing down is more time going fast. Better brakes mean faster splits, thanks to confidence-inspiring brake performance.
- Optimized power and modulation for triathlon and time trial
- HydroT brake platform offers superior control, feel, and heat management
- Textured carbon brake lever for better finger grip
- Stealth-a-majig connector makes initial setup fast and convenient
- Bleeding Edge technology for quick, hassle-free bleeds
- Adjustable Reach: Yes
- Brake Caliper Type: Flat Mount
- Brake Lever Actuation: Hydraulic
- Front Hydraulic Hose Length: 950mm
- Rear Hydraulic Hose Length: 1800mm
- Adjustable Contact Point: No
- Hydraulic Fluid Type: DOT
- Rotor Included: No
- Pad Compound: Organic
Kevlar reinforced (black) hydraulic tubing: DOT-3/4/5.1 compatible
- Prime Series kits are for Prime Pro, and Prime Expert brakes only
- Stroker Ace/Gram/Carbon/Trail and El Camino kit includes specific fittings for lever and caliper (not for Stroker Ryyd
- HFX-Mag/G2 kit includes a pre-crimped inline caliper fitting and specific HFX-Mag lever attachment (can be used with older G1 caliper if angle warrants fit)
- HFX-9 kit includes a pre-crimped inline caliper fitting with specific HFX-9 lever attachment
- Sole and Stroker Ryde kit includes specific fittings for lever and caliper
- Tubing parts that fit HFX-Mag also fit Original, DH, FR, and Comp systems
One of the most important goals that Odyssey had when they sat down to work on new braking designs was to make the whole system easier to install (and remove) without sacrificing performance. They also wanted to be sure that every component would be very affordable. The Springfield lever is easy to install and remove without having to wrestle grips on and off. An ordinary hinged clamp can be bulky and expensive so a new clamping design made specifically for die-casting was used. This approach keeps the lever reliable and affordable. The lever handle is the same comfortable shape as the proven Monolever Medium blade.
SRAM's right-side Rival 22 Hydraulic Disc Brake and Brake Lever is descended from their top-end RED road group offer precise braking performance. The aluminum brake lever and shift paddle deliver smooth modulation and deft shifts while keeping the weight impressively low. The ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control and a better transition to the bar. For optimal feel, you can also set your lever reach to fit your hands thanks to Reach Adjust. SRAM's Rival 22 right shifter is designed to work with a SRAM 11-speed cassette.
The forged aluminum disc caliper is optimized to give you the stopping power and modulation you need for road and cyclocross riding. A fully-sealed hydraulic system prevents contamination during muddy cross races and epic dirt-road slugfests. Once you experience the incredible ability of SRAM's Rival 22 Hydraulics, you'll never go back to rim brakes again!
As its name implies, this is SRAM's Ultimate brake design for cross-country and light trail use. They took the same technology used in the brake that Loic Bruni rode to a Downhill World Championship and packed it into smaller, sleeker, lighter-weight and XC-optimized package. The carbon-fiber lever blade pulls crisp and clean thanks to pivot bearings and SRAM's DirectLink design. And it maintains that feel throughout the ride because it is matched to their monoblock, two-piston caliper. This caliper’s superior heat management and smooth piston actuation give you braking power exactly when and how you need it. And the BLEEDING EDGE design significantly simplifies fluid maintenance.
For use with 2000+ Hayes 74mm eye-to-eye calipers (adapters/calipers for 22mm mounts are no longer available)
- (IS) International Standard 51mm tabs; (QR) Quick Release; (TA) thru-axle
- Note: Fox-36/40 (thru-axle), Rock Shox Pike (Maxle), and Psylo (Tullio) axle forks use IS-QR adapters
The World Tour teams trust the braking response of the Super Record brakes and dozens of Pro Continental and Continental teams turn to Record brakes to take on the World Tour champions.
To meet this requirement, Campagnolo designed the Record brakes with the same braking performance of the Super Record, so that the braking response is consistently decisive and immediate. The braking power is entrusted to the stiffness of the new structure, which is sealed and offers a strong aerodynamic impact, along with the Campagnolo brake block compound developed by the Campy Tech Lab in Vicenza. If necessary, it is easy for either the mechanic or the racing athlete to act on the cable tightener register.